Everything You Need to Know About Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive skin treatment which resurfaces the skin through the process of exfoliation. Also called as ‘the lunchtime peel’, microdermabrasion is can be completed in less than hour. A device, which looks like a dental instrument, is used to facilitate the procedure. When the device comes in contact with the skin, sandy particles are released so that the top layer of dead skin are taken off easily. While the skin peels off, new skin regenerates through the stimulation of collagen growth. The end-result is a healthy, fresh-looking smooth skin.
It is important to note that microdermabrasion produces best results when following a series of treatments. This means that you are recommended to undergo the procedure four to six times in order to obtain its optimum benefits. However, it still depends on doctor’s advice. However, you are not allowed to get the treatment on the next day or the day after because the skin must have enough time to rejuvenate completely. Usually, an interval of seven to days is suggested.
Through microdermabrasion, creams, lotions and moisturizers are more easily absorbed by skin which therefore makes their function more effective. Many individuals acquire microdermabrasion because it is generally safe, effective, quick and inexpensive, you can make it a beauty routine. Actually, you can have the procedure during lunch break and come back to work looking fresh and younger looking.
At this point, let’s find out when to consider microdermabrasion:
- If you want to have a lighter skin color and have a youthful glow
- If you want to eliminate those fine lines and wrinkles
- If your pores are clogged with blackheads and whiteheads
- If your skin has been damaged due to sun exposure
- If you want to maintain clear, healthy skin
Microdermabrasion provides a number of benefits which includes the following:
- Loosens impacted skin allowing blackheads and whiteheads to be purged out
- Removes dead skin resulting to fresh radiant skin
- Flattens fine lines and wrinkles without any surgical method
- Reduces oiliness
- Increases skin cell turn-over where new skin cells travel to the surface more quickly
- Treats sun-damage
- Boosts collagen growth
- Stimulates faster absorption to skin care products
- Improves skin texture
To facilitate better understanding, here are the pros and cons:
- Microdermabrasion provides quick results without pain or negative side effects involved.
- It is by far, one of the fastest skin treatments that doesn’t require any surgical method or anesthetic application.
- Price is affordable as compared to high-cost invasive procedures.
- It generally improves the wrinkles, scars, spots and other signs of skin ageing.
- Microdermabrasion is effective to all skin types and colors.
- Microdermabrasion is not applicable with deep skin problems such as dermatitis, active rosacea and acne.
- It requires multiple treatments and aftercare maintenance for maximum effectiveness.
- Exposure to sun can make the skin a bit sensitive.
You ought to know microdermabrasion is a safe skin care treatment, however, you still need to consult with a doctor in order to acquire accurate evaluation. Once you are a good candidate, it is also required to comply with proper aftercare regimen.